First e-cig death confirmed
American health authorities have recorded the first death linked to vaping.
The Illinois Department of Public Health issued a statement saying a person who had been hospitalised with severe respiratory illness after using an e-cigarette had subsequently died.
The department also reported that more than 20 people in the State were confirmed to be suffering respiratory illness after vaping, with a dozen more cases being investigated.
the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said almost 200 similar possible cases have been documented across America.
Victims have coughs, shortness of breath, and fatigue in the days and weeks after vaping, with the symptoms appearing to gradually worsen. Some people also suffer vomiting and diarrhea after vaping.
Published: 06 Sep 2019