Productive talks held by AMA Council of General Practice
The AMA Council of General Practice held its first meeting for 2014 over the 22-23 February weekend. The Council considered the AMA’s position on a number of significant GP issues including:
- Proposal for a co-payment for GP visits and GP financing more generally;
- Medical deputising services and the existing AMA position statement;
- The future role of primary health care organisations in Australia;
- Teaching in general practice and how it can be better supported; and
- The benefits of integrating pharmacists into general practice.
Published: 27 Feb 2014