The Secretary General (CEO) of the Australian Medical Association, Dr Michael Schaper, reports to the Board and is responsible for the day to day management of the secretariat based in the head office in Canberra. The Secretary General is accountable for policy matters to the President and Federal Council.
As CEO of the AMA Group, Dr Schaper is also responsible for the subsidiary companies including Australasian Medical Publishing Company Pty Limited (AMPCo), the publisher of the Medical Journal of Australia. Read Dr Schaper’s profile.
The senior management team of the Federal AMA under the Secretary General is:
- Mr John Flannery, Director Public Affairs
- Mr Luke Toy, Director Medical Practice
- Mr Phil Barton, Group CIO
- Mr Warwick Hough, Director Workplace Relations and General Practice
- Dr Kate Stockhausen, Manager Ethics
- Mr Jamie Snashall, Director Public Health
- Ms Annabel Reid, Director Member Services
- Ms Irene Quah, Group Finance Director
- Mr Guy Feeney, Group HR Manager.