South Australian AMA Membership
Looking after you - locally
Now, more than ever, it pays to belong. As an AMA(SA) medical practitioner, you help support the AMA’s advocacy on behalf of your medical profession and help set priorities on local, state and national levels.
We encourage members to take advantage of the full range of benefits on offer.
Your member benefits are there to help you.
Membership of the AMA(SA) is open to medical practitioners who are registered to practise medicine in South Australia.
There are additional benefits associated with membership outside the advocacy work we do and the services and resources we provide. Your tax deductible membership fees, which may also be wholly or partly claimable against your Professional Development Allowance, provide one advantage.
Corporate services are available through our accounting and financial planning services partner, Hood Sweeney, offers our members exclusive rates for establishing new self-managed superannuation funds and discounts for accounting services. Norman Waterhouse Lawyers, a South Australian commercial law firm, is our preferred partner for profession-specific legal advice.
Looking after your payments
- The membership year is annual, with membership dues being due for renewal at the end of December each year.
- You may pay annually or monthly by automatic direct debit.
- If you are a practitioner who has retired from active practice, you may retain your membership, in the special category for retired members.
- When moving states, you may transfer your AMA membership to your new state of residence.
- Membership is tax deductible.
- Membership dues may be wholly or partly claimable against your Professional Development Allowance.
- Medical practitioners undertaking academic appointments, on sabbatical, overseas, on parental leave, retired, or in special circumstances may be eligible for special rates.
AMA(SA) members agree to observe the principles stated in the Declaration of Geneva, abide by the rules and by-laws of the AMA(SA) and the AMA Code of Ethics, together with the requirements of any other branch or division of the AMA to which they at the time belong.
Click here to join online or call us on (08) 8361 0108.